Well Im stuck! - West of Perfy - Episode 01 PROBLEMS!!

West of Perfy - Episode 01 is running into a real problem

        I have just animated about half the first episode and well, I'm redoing it all over again. It's not shaping up to be what I was aiming for. The story is lacking and the script isn't working. The characters just sound angry and kind of like a bunch of ***holes. I'm almost thinking about just scrapping the first episode entirely and starting from episode 02.

        They're angry. The characters just sound angry so while watching just half the episode, you are left with a dark feeling. Which isn't exactly the feeling I want in order to keep people coming back to watch more. Now I know the reason for this dark/angry feeling is because of two things. The script sounds very negative, and the voices sound mad or irritated. Redoing the voices to sound happier and more sarcastic would be a fairly easy thing to do but without changing thew script then I'd be stuck in the same position as I am now.

        I'm also thinking about cutting out one character for the first episode only because at this very moment, her character doesn't play a very big role and doesn't have any effect on the story of the first episode. Doing this would make the work load slightly easier as I'd have one less character to animate and worry about, but the character is an important character in the overall series, so I feel introducing him/her in the first episode is a pretty important thing to do.

On a Positive Note

        I have taken a break from episode one until I figure out the story problem and come up with a new script. So in the meantime, I am working on the opening sequence for West of Perfy - Episode 04 - Hangover. Its shaping up really well and I'm really excited about this one. So far the opening shot is about 35 seconds long. and it's not done yet. Yea, I know that sounds ridiculously long, But it's way different than you think. And why did I jump to Episode 04 instead of starting Episode 02? Well I can't do voice overs until I figure out the problems I'm having with Episode 01. And the first shot for Episode 04 doesn't have any voice overs in it.

        I'm getting super anxious to start sharing the pictures, comics and videos with everyone but I'm trying to hold back until September to start releasing them.


* * * * *
If you like being on the ball, go ahead and follow/subscribe to the West of Perfy YouTube and Instagram channels so you'll be first to see my first posts!

West of Perfy Youtube Channel - Here
West of Perfy Instagram - Here

If you are interested in seeing my work on other projects or want to look at my travels so far, feel free to check out my links below.

Portfolio - adamdewar.ca
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/

Comments