Why West of Perfy??

Picking a title for your Animated Series

        For us, the word Perfy originated one night when we were out having drinks at a super hipster brewery out near Main Street. The brewery was minimal and kind of cold looking. Everything was white and black. I went up to the bar to get a beer and for some reason as I was leaving to go sit down, instead of just saying "great, thanks" when the bartender gave me my beer, I said "Perfy! Thanks bud" and then left. As soon as I turned around I had to think about what I said and why I had actually said it. When I sat down I immediately told them what I said and from them on the word stuck.       

        Choosing a title for an animated series is as tough as finding the idea for the series in the first place. The title needs to be simple, catchy, and make sense to the idea for the series. For my animated series, I felt like it needed to be directly related to where we lived during the time that this series is based on. 

        We lived on a West 7th ave so I took the west part of that and went with it. At first I brainstormed ideas like The West 7, and 7 West. I took them to friends and asked their opinions. They liked the idea but felt the names weren't great. I agreed with them. They tried adding in words that related directly to our friends group and the experiences we had. That's when Perfy came in. 

        We started adding Perfy into the title and came up with West of Perfy. For us it's a name that has meaning, it's easy to say and remember. It's not descriptive enough to limit the show to anything specific and it's different enough for someone to see and hopefully click on.

      
       


* * * * *

If you are interested in seeing my work on other projects or want to look at my travels so far, feel free to check out my links below.

Portfolio - adamdewar.ca
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/

Comments