Rendering... Exciting yet annoying.

It's getting to that point where I need to think about it...

        I have some shots ready for my to start thinking more about how I am going to get them rendered. I can of course render locally on my laptop, which is the entire reason I went with the style I have. But, Some shots will take quite a while to render just because there is a lot in scene and they are a few hundred frames long. Some, I will be able to render in layers so I can just render the background separately and then render out the characters as a sequence. But some of the shots have a moving camera, so I can't just render out the background once.

        My options so far are to go to an online cloud based render service or hand over my scenes to a friend so he can render on his local computer. The friend one is the cheapest obviously, but I also have to think about having to give him every single object and texture in one nice folder so it will be easier for him to just open the scene and render. That sounds easy, but with 30+ shots in an episode, that takes a lot of time to get organized. Plus once I do that, the renders will only take an hour or so for each shot on his computer, so it would require him to be present all day to get the shots rendered one after another. Which would be seriously irritating for him. So I'd prefer not to go that route just because I don't want to take up all of his time wrangling renders on his time off from work.

        Online cloud based rendering looks really attractive. The render times would be quick, I would be wrangling my own renders and would be able to see how they are doing through the app platform. Google Zync connects directly with Maya so sending the renders off would be relatively simple. Only problems are it costs money and the setup is said to be quite annoying. The cost isn't huge but I'm dealing with a zero budget project so obviously free would be better. The setup can be learned of course, and it's only meant to be done once. So it's not really a fall back in the long term.

        Still not super sure what option I'll be going with, but I'll be deciding within the next month for sure, so I can get these renders going.

In Other News 

        I have started posting up on Instagram! I got too anxious and let one post go a couple days ago so I've decided to just keep posting going every couple days. So go on over and check them out!!

The INSTAGRAM is Right HERE

 

* * * * *
If you like being on the ball, go ahead and follow/subscribe to the West of Perfy YouTube and Instagram channels so you'll be first to see my first posts!

West of Perfy Youtube Channel - Here
West of Perfy Instagram - Here

If you are interested in seeing my work on other projects or want to look at my travels so far, feel free to check out my links below.

Portfolio - adamdewar.ca
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/

Comments