West of Perfy - I think I'm back on track!!

I THINK I FIXED IT! West of Perfy is on track, Kind of...

        So a week ago I wrote that I had to stop animating Episode 01 because it wasn't going well at all. It was coming off very angry and not entertaining. So I was going to rewrite the script and while doing that, work on Episode 04.

        Well it turned out that I didn't need to rewrite the entire script for Episode 01, I just needed to change a few things. I rewrote the entire beginning and was actually able to add in something else that happened to us constantly. I removed a character and fixed some of the lines so it was a bit more to point but less obvious in a story telling kind of way. I definitely have a better feeling about this script.

        As for Episode 04, It's looking sweet! I have the first shot almost ready for rendering. I want to add a few details into the environment first. Maybe need to go over the camera movement again as well. But it's definitely shaping up well.

        It's crazy how much needs to be created in order for a home to look like a home. I mean, you can build a house and put chairs in it but that's not what makes it a home. You want it to feel comfortable and warm. There is going to be personal photos up on the wall, there are things that aren't put away properly, maybe a coffee cup is still sitting on a side table from the day before. Maybe there a knife is missing from the knife block because someone put it in the drawer with the rest of the table knives by accident. It's small things like that that make a house look used and imperfect which, to me, make it a home. I bring this up because when building the house, I have to keep remembering all these small things so that the house doesn't look perfect and computer built to the audience, even though it is. The audience will obviously know that, but you don't want that fact to pull them out of the show. 

        I have started doing the Voice overs for Episode 01 again. I thought I'd show you what my make shift recording station looks like. It's no where near great, My room is too big so I get some echoing and there are background noises, so I have extra work to do in post in order to remove the issues. But this setup works for me for now, and until I am able to afford a better setup, I'm going to stick with it.



* * * * *
If you like being on the ball, go ahead and follow/subscribe to the West of Perfy YouTube and Instagram channels so you'll be first to see my first posts!

West of Perfy Youtube Channel - Here
West of Perfy Instagram - Here

If you are interested in seeing my work on other projects or want to look at my travels so far, feel free to check out my links below.

Portfolio - adamdewar.ca
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/

Comments