Back to development!

Developing the look once again! 

        After making almost 50 comics for the Instagram, I've decided I need to put more development into both the look and idea. Right now I'm playing with adding shadows to add a bit more of a 3D/Stylized look to it. So far I like whats going on. Only problem is my render times..

        The first thing I'm working on is giving it a more 3D/Stylized look. For this, I'm rendering two passes.

    -The first being the normal toon shaded image I've been using all along. Nothing with that has changed. Its simple and is the base of the look.

    -The second pass is a shadow pass. I put a 50% grey aiStandard shader on everything in the scene. Add a few lights. In the below case I've made the lamps and window into mesh lights. I'm working with the settings to get a less noisy render with out the render taking too long. After it's render I just place it on top of the base render, and set it to multiply. I then play with the brightness to bring it up a bit.

    So far, Im liking the direction this is going but I'm not liking the render times. So I need to work on getting the time down.

        The next thing I'm working on is filling up the environment with more details. While working on the past 50 comics, I've noticed the backgrounds have been looking quite empty and a bit too plain. I need to add details to the walls that make the house look like it's being lived in instead of a bunch of walls.


Before

New




* * * * *
If you like being on the ball, go ahead and follow/subscribe to the West of Perfy YouTube and Instagram channels.

West of Perfy Youtube Channel - Here
West of Perfy Instagram - Here

If you are interested in seeing my work on other projects or want to look at my travels so far, feel free to check out my links below.

Portfolio - adamdewar.ca
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/

Comments